WordPress editor is getting better there’s been a lot of activity both in Slack and at GitHub. It’s an incredible time to contribute.
Here’s the meeting summary for this week’s editor team meeting (agenda here) in #core-editor Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel.
- Generally, positive vibes around the current state of the UI UI is an acronym for User Interface - the layout of the page the user interacts with. Think ‘how are they doing that’ and less about what they are doing. prototype.
- Another week with contributions, keep the thoughtful feedback coming, props to @johnpixle and @martinlugton.
- Probably keep an old version of the editor around for old browsers?
- @matias mentioned that tasks are now somewhat organized on the GitHub project
- @rileybrook liked the fact that “adding new blocks in between two lines, instead of just at the bottom” is being considered in the mockups.
- @joen shared a new Admin Chrome Mockup it is pretty minimal. I (@mrahmadawais) had a discussion with Mel (@melchoyce) about how and why the sidebar A sidebar in WordPress is referred to a widget-ready area used by WordPress themes to display information that is not a part of the main content. It is not always a vertical column on the side. It can be a horizontal rectangle below or above the content area, footer, header, or any where in the theme. should be toggleable.
- Generally, positive vibes around the mockups, including the early admin chrome one
- @melchoyce and others had a discussion around SVG Icons, contributors needed!
> If you are a designer and would like to contribute, read this How Designers Can Contribute!
That’s about it, happy hacking!
@iseulde, @joen, @westonruter, @dmsnell, @michaelarestad, @mrahmadawais, @timmyc, @youknowriad, @alinionut, @afraithe, @aduth, @jota_alien, @azaozz, @folletto, @rileybrook, @empireoflight, @sirbrillig, @matias, @robin416, @melchoyce, @afercia, @spocke