This week’s chat is happening tomorrow, at 17:00UTC
On this weeks agenda:
- #27159 – Remove/re-arrange TinyMCE buttons to improve user experience, and new related tickets:
- #38049 – Rename Headings in TinyMCE
- #38050 – Replace `formatselect` with `styleselect` in TinyMCE
- Customizer Tool built into WordPress core that hooks into most modern themes. You can use it to preview and modify many of your site’s appearance settings. Tickets (brought in by @celloexpressions):
- #34343 – Make panel headers sticky? – thoughts on the gif showing the interaction?
- #38002 – provide a path to editing posts created in nav menus – brainstorming session for how to provide users with links to edit newly-published content.
- #37661 – A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the Customizer – make a schedule of deadlines for feedback and testing
- #35210 – Add notification area to Customizer
- Review of the UX UX is an acronym for User Experience - the way the user uses the UI. Think ‘what they are doing’ and less about how they do it. of comment 81 and how to clean up the styling
- #22058 – Improve custom background properties UI UI is an acronym for User Interface - the layout of the page the user interacts with. Think ‘how are they doing that’ and less about what they are doing. – give feedback on the new proposal and patch from @cdog
If anyone has other tickets the needs attention or other matter for the meeting, feel free to leave a comment with it. See you tomorrow in the #design channel in Slack!