Thanks everyone for coming to the very first meeting about image editing. It’s excited to have a group of people ready to tackle this! The video of the meeting is here. Here’s what we discussed:
Name: Our name is “Image Flow”
Scope: The scope of the project is to look at how we can improve image flow in WordPress, including uploading and editing.
The process will go in the following stages:
1. Research: (Current Phase) – competitor analysis, user interviews, personas, document current workflows, ideal workflows
2. Wireframes: proposing different wireframes for the plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party
3. Development: coding a crazy storm, testing, feedback, iterating
Current tasks are as follows:
- interviews: @mor10 is working on user interviews (3 completed so far). We would like five or six. @mor10 to either complete all interviews or make interview questions available in Google Folder and delegate
- personas: @sonjanyc is taking point with personas. The persona is to be updated. Info from @mor10‘s user interviews to be integrated with the personas
- competitor analysis: Daniel is taking point on carrying out the competitor analysis. In the first stage this will focus on how other platforms deal with image uploading and editing.
- information organisation – Daniel will be responsible for ensuring that documentation in the Google Folder
Tasks we need help for:
–interview write-ups: someone need to watch @mor10‘s videos and write them up for make/ui. The write up should include: 1) a summary with info about the type of user, 2) a list of problems encountered by the user, 3) suggestions for improvements that would help that user.
–document workflows: we’ve created a list of tasks that a user would do in the image editing workflow. It would be useful to document these with screenshots. By working through the workflows we can identify stumbling blocks.
I won’t be here next Friday (holiday!!) so I appoint @mor10 to set up the meeting. Please check in with progress and to see if anyone needs help. If anyone needs set up on make/ui please bother @samuelsidler 🙂