Hi! It’s been a few weeks since we added our initial brief.
What is it?
Press This is a redesign with a focus on automation and speed.
- We now have an alpha public release available for testing. We plan on pushing nightly soon. Beware: there be dragons.
- Design elements are starting to fall in place. We are still iterating on placement and behavior of WYSIWYG What You See Is What You Get. Most commonly used in relation to editors, where changes made in edit mode reflect exactly as they will translate to the published page., modal pop-out, embeds, settings, and Add Media.
- More screenshots
- Currently AJAX driven, but ready to be switched to using the WP-API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways. endpoints as they become available
- Is backward compatible with the current version of the Press This bookmarklet as bundled in WP, but also bring its own, more powerful one with it
- Can blog any web page found online, blockquoting an excerpt An excerpt is the description of the blog post or page that will by default show on the blog archive page, in search results (SERPs), and on social media. With an SEO plugin, the excerpt may also be in that plugin’s metabox., including a selection of in-page images to choose from. Said images are augmented with meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. data to sort them in the order the site advertises to be best
- Overrides /wp-admin/press-this.php and its behavior, so that we’re 100% backward compatible
- Overrides the bookmarklet JS code provided in /wp-admin/tools.php
- Quick featured image A featured image is the main image used on your blog archive page and is pulled when the post or page is shared on social media. The image can be used to display in widget areas on your site or in a summary list of posts. switching
- Saving draft and publishing
- Image side-loading
- 3 modes
- Direct access: quick post of sort, more to come with media and formatting tools
- Popup: if the currently visited page is SSL Secure Socket Layer - Encryption from the server to the browser and back. Prevents prying eyes from seeing what you are sending between your browser and the server. but the target install is not, we open Press This in a popup instead. We also do that if the”legacy” bookmarklet code is used. It’s pretty awesome for pressing from your sweet smartphone.
- Formatting and media upload tools (+editor)
- De-selecting a picture (if none wanted)
- Add header The header of your site is typically the first thing people will experience. The masthead or header art located across the top of your page is part of the look and feel of your website. It can influence a visitor’s opinion about your content and you/ your organization’s brand. It may also look different on different screen sizes.
- Add minimal WYSIWYG for tablet and larger
- Add Add Media functionality
- Add SVG icons 8)
- Explore various installation flows
Ultra alpha installation instructions.
Help us make this thing amazing! Feedback and Pull Requests welcome!
Discussion: corepressthis.wordpress.com An online implementation of WordPress code that lets you immediately access a new WordPress environment to publish your content. WordPress.com is a private company owned by Automattic that hosts the largest multisite in the world. This is arguably the best place to start blogging if you have never touched WordPress before. https://wordpress.com/ | Chat: Skype | Weekly Meeting: Wed. 16:00 UTC in #wordpress-ui