Attendees: @avryl, @helen, @melchoyce, @samuelsidler, @shaunandrews, @ubernaut
We had a good chat today about the status of the front-end editor plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party and where it’s going. To recap, we talked about the following:
- The overall list of tasks is on a spreadsheet now. It will probably grow considerably over time. If you’re interested, comment here to sign up!
- The color scheme of the front-end editor was based on the MP6 customizer Tool built into WordPress core that hooks into most modern themes. You can use it to preview and modify many of your site’s appearance settings. being black. The customizer (as has landed in core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress.) has changed to white/grey, so we should update the plugin as well.
- On the color scheme topic, it may be possible to use color schemes for the editor in the future, but it’s not worth looking at until much later in the process.
- The plugin currently has an MP6 dependency, which is no longer needed given that MP6 has landed in core.
- The fade of the edit bars is a bit too much and should be removed, though this won’t exist when the toolbar moves up to the admin bar.
- In edit mode, things might look better if everything but the content fades out, but we need to determine how to do this right.
- The project is still in its early stages. It might be worth working up some other concepts before we get too far along in one direction.
@avryl to remove the MP6 dependency, add the wordpressdotorg author to the plugin, and fix the permalink issue. Done.
- @shaunandrews will explore some other concepts.
- Setup a Skype group for those interested in contributing.
- The meeting time will change to Mondays at 16:00 UTC going forward.