Accomplished this week
1) I updated our planning spreadsheet.
2) We held our weekly IRC chat last Tuesday. @joen shared:
Along with the following thoughts:
- Far right column is for mini widgets. The added whitespace adds balance, centers the middle columns. Is reminiscent of the “Publish” box on the Write section.
- We pulled back on the ambitions of the activity stream (for 3.8). We still have high hopes of filling out the activity stream with valuable information in a later release.
- Hooks would be added to the top, middle, and bottom of the activity stream to make it immediately pluggable.
This mockup solicited the following feedback:
- Maybe play with a splash of color?
- Maybe try light or regular font-weight for the big header at the top?
- Let’s experiment with rotating through different languages/idioms for the header text: aloha, Bienvenido, etc…
- How about “Site Content” instead of “Right Now”?
- Can we remove the # of widgets in “Site Content” area?
- Maybe try one header area with “Recent Activity”, and two sub areas with sub headers, “Publishing Soon”, and “Recent Comments”?
3) Joen shared the following mockup in our Skype chat:
4) I uploaded an updated combined news feed patch. Please test this patch out if you have time, or dive in for a code review.
5) I riffed off of Joen’s latest mockup, and came up with: