Sorry guys, I’d meant to get this out earlier. Here’s last week’s meeting log.
- Chatted a bit about embeds WordPress core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. currently supports, and how we can start grouping similar content types together
- Decided on including a generic “embed” block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience.
- Explored different ideas for how you could move blocks around
- Talked about using an “agile” development approach
For this week
- Start wireframing out block scenarios (for example, what happens when I click a video block? What pops up? etc.) and then present them during chat
- Explore text as “just another content block”
- Continue developing the initial plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party functionality
Next meeting is tomorrow, 17:00 UTC in #wordpress-ui. Bring your wireframes. 🙂