Howdy, UI UI is an acronym for User Interface - the layout of the page the user interacts with. Think ‘how are they doing that’ and less about what they are doing. group. This Friday brings you version 1.3 of MP6, the WordPress birthday weekend edition. This iteration is largely focused on responsive and RTL improvements, as well as bug fixes. Here’s what’s new:
- First pass at some basic CSS CSS is an acronym for cascading style sheets. This is what controls the design or look and feel of a site. transitions on link hovers, etc.
- First pass at MP6 styling on post format picker.
- Mobile: Adjusted theme customizer Tool built into WordPress core that hooks into most modern themes. You can use it to preview and modify many of your site’s appearance settings. margins.
- Mobile: Changed tablet breakpoint from 768px to 782px to match core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress..
- Mobile: Fixed word-wrap issue on custom post types .widefat table headers and footers.
- Mobile: Menubar now scrolls independently of the main column, so menu links are always visible even if you’re at the bottom of a long page.
- Mobile: Better performance when scrolling in the admin.
- Mobile: It’s now easier to dismiss dropdowns on touch devices.*
- RTL: Corrected positioning of post-format-options.
- RTL: Fixed tagchecklist position.
- RTL: First stab at mobile style conversion for RTL.
- RTL: First stab at admin-bar positioning.
*There’s a known issue with the positioning of the New and Account dropdowns on mobile webkit browsers. We’ll have a fix in trunk as soon as we can (free WordPress blogs to anyone who has insight on a solution!)
This week includes contributions from Joen Asmussen, Michael Erlewine (mitcho), Till Krüss, Andy Peatling, and myself. As always our thanks go to everyone who’s contributed by reporting bugs, offering suggestions, and testing it on your sites. If you’ve reported an issue here that hasn’t been resolved yet, rest assured it’s on our list and we’ll get on it soon.
I’ll be out part of next week, so no IRC chat on Monday. We’ll continue to work on refining the responsive experience and RTL issues and stomping out whatever bugs you guys find.