Happy Friday to you all! The latest iteration on MP6, version 0.6, is now available. This was a relatively light week for us. Our focus was on fixing bugs and refining the ideas we introduced last week. Here’s what’s new in 0.6:
- Darkened the background gradient of secondary action buttons so that they are more easily distinguished from text inputs.
- New dashicons for table sorting, Press This, close/dismiss buttons, and image editing functions.
- A new function that adjusts the margin created for the toolbar on the front-end from 28px to 32px, to match the larger toolbar in MP6.
- Larger font size for textareas and text input elements (matching 14px used elsewhere).
- Allow zooming on mobile devices for wider accessibility.
- Corrected the positioning of the flyout submenu’s arrow when those menus appear near the bottom of the browser viewport.
- Visual bugfixes in the Plugins section.
- Visual bugfixes for multisite installations.
- A hint of MP6 style applied to WordPress.org, with more to come.
- More small bugfixes; see the revision log for full details.
This week’s iteration included contributions by Joen Asmussen, Mel Choyce, Ben Dunkle, Till Krüss, Samuel Wood (otto), and myself.
What’s next? We’ve got some core issues on our plate (new classes for better alerts, refined installation screens) as well as lots still to do for mobile devices.
We’ll be meeting in #wordpress-ui at Monday, April 8, 2013 at 1800 UTC to go over this week’s edition and discuss your ideas for the next one. We’ll follow it up with our next release a week from today on April 12. Thanks to everyone who has helped so far by sharing your bug reports, patches, and ideas for improvement.