I ran a user through a couple of new media tasks this morning.
Here’s the video.
And here are my notes:
Step 1: Login
Step 2: Publish already uploaded image
Step 3: Preview post
He didn’t publish the post, and as a result got confused about how to preview the post (for the sake of this test, we’ll ignore this, I’ll try and clarify my instructions for future tests).
Step 4: Publish 2 images to a single post
Step 5: Download additional images
Step 6: Upload new images & add captions
- 7:18 – Looks like he stumbled upon a bug here. If you add a post through quick press, and then attempt to use the “upload/insert” button to add pictures to a second post, the modal doesn’t display.
- 9:10 – He got himself into the same mess by posting a “clear post” and then trying a second post with an image. Oh man, this is hard to watch…
- 10:00 – And again, he tries saving a draft, and then using the new image modal (with no success).
- 10:40 – He was finally able to do it from within posts.
- 11:40 – He tries again and succeeds from QuickPress
- 12:20 – He makes a note that as he clicks into the caption box, the “Describe this image” text doesn’t disappear.
Step 7: Publish new images as a gallery
- He had to look closely to find the “Add to gallery” button (even though it was blue).
- 17:00 – He was kind enough to do these last 2 steps over again (and made it through without any major difficulties).
- Overall, only one major hiccup (See bug at 7:18).
- He had to really look for the “add gallery” button. His instinct was to continue using the “Insert into post” button. Anything we should/could change here?
- Also noticed captions aren’t showing up for non-gallery images that are inserted into a post.
- When adding a caption under an image (in the new media modal) as he clicks into the caption box, the “Describe this image” text doesn’t disappear.