Ran another user through Discovery Cycle 1 this morning.
Here’s the video, and my notes:
Step two notes – Log in
Step two notes – Explain what you see
Step Three notes – Preview your blog
Step Four notes – Change your background color
- 3:36 – He had to play around a bit, but he figured out how to change the color to blue fairly quickly
- 3:52 – He clicked the “default” button resetting the work he had done to choose a color.
Step Five notes – Change your site title
Step Six notes – Add your first post
Step Seven notes – Preview your new post
Step Eight notes – Publish an image
- 7:20 – Cool, he clicks into new media workflow. But unfortunately he’s looking to paste a URL A specific web address of a website or web page on the Internet, such as a website’s URL www.wordpress.org, which isn’t currently in the new media workflow just yet.
- 9:05 – He discovers the “Upload/insert” link, and has no trouble adding the URL.
- Overall, I’m super happy with this test. He completed everything in 10 min which is a great time (compared to where we started off at the beginning of the 3.5 cycle).
- Happy to see the first user try the new media flow, even if it didn’t work out for him. We’ll continue to to test new users as that section fills out.
- 7:30 – When he entered a URL into the media uploader, it appeared to succeed for a brief second, you saw a file upload happening briefly and then it disappeared (just a heads up @koopersmith).
- Do we need to do anything about the “default” button in the color picker? Would be a shame if someone took a bunch of time to find just the right color, then lost it with a click.