- Beta 3 was tagged last week as scheduled and we’re heading toward tagging Beta 4 this week.
- The soft string freeze is targeted to coincide with tagging Beta 4 this week, so we need to wrap any tickets with string changes (save for the About page).
Time/Date: Wednesday 21:00 UTC 2015:
DST reminder: The dev chat time has moved up an hour to 20:00 UTC following the European DST change.
- Congrats if you got ’em for @obenland and @wonderboymusic, release leads for WordPress 4.3 and 4.4!
- Task/Enhancements Review [List]
- #31651 – Change Twemoji CDN to W.org – @pento
- #28784 – Improve the Customize experience on mobile – @ocean90
- #31233 – Dismissable admin notices – @helen
- #31234 – Update wp-admin default colors – @helen
- #31289 – Customizer: theme switcher navigation streamlining – @ocean90
- #31769 – Prevent navigating away while plugins are updating via shiny updates – @johnbillion
- #31770 – Better feedback after bulk updating plugins via shiny updates – @johnbillion
- #31819 – Shiny updates: more sophisticated locking – @jorbin
- #31832 – Add an Emoji section to the Help tab on post edit screen – @pento
- #27115 – HTTPS links to wordpress.org – @johnbillion
- String Ticket Scrub [List]
- #29958 – collapse menu keyboard accessibility
- #31233 – Dismissable admin notices
- #31769 – Prevent navigating away while plugins are updating via shiny updates
- #31836 – Press This: Clean up text on tools.php
Two or more strings:
- (2) #31144 – Options general screen, accessibility improvements
- (2) #31770 – Better feedback after bulk updating plugins via shiny updates
- (3) #31722 – Shiny Updates: the aria-label should be updated to reflect the current status
Various string changes:
- #26600 – Search installed themes input has no submit button – New help text, one string split into two, new strings
- #31832 – Add an Emoji section to the Help tab on post edit screen – New help text, replaced string
- #27115 – HTTPS links to wordpress.org – Strings adjusted for links, may not need re-translating
No Open Floor this week – Due to time constraints, we won’t be holding an open floor period during the regularly-scheduled dev chat this week. If you have a ticket on the 4.2 milestone you’d like to get dev feedback on, leave a note in the comments.
Testing Stages Progress
Beta 1 Punt/convert all non-essential enhancements to tasks
Beta 2 (120 tickets on Report 6) Get first run of FTP credentials modal in trunk
Beta 3 (90 tickets on Report 6) Start finishing up tickets with string changes Start About page
- Beta 4 (50 tickets on Report 6)
- Soft string freeze (all string changes completed save for the About page)
- Start finishing up the About page
- RC 1 (0 tickets on Report 6)
- About page finished
- Hard string freeze