And now, for the first in a series of synopsis posts outlining what’s going on in WordPress core. The idea behind these posts is to highlight technical changes in WordPress 3.9 as it progresses, with the hope of keeping the community informed. If you have suggestions for content you’d like to see, please comment below!
Here are a few highlights from last week’s commits:
- Added dfn, mark, and samp as allowed HTML tags to kses.
- @wonderboymusic is adding inline documentation to the media modal JS. Yay! Work is ongoing, if you’d like to help: #26870.
- Progressive TinyMCE 4.0 fixes. Please test your plugins! Report issues on #24067.
- jQuery 1.11.0 and jQuery UI 1.10.4 landed in core.
- Autosave JS was refactored to use the Heartbeat API. (#25272)
- Youtube SSL URLs are now embedded as SSL.
- Twitter oEmbed was updated in core due the Twitter API now requiring https.
@nacin also added a small enhancement to Trac to point users in the right direction when they end up on a ticket that was fixed in a released version of WordPress:
Other housekeeping items included new Trac “focuses”.
Thanks for efforts from yurivictor, cojennin, iammattthomas, mdbitz, kraftbj, dd32, c3mdigital, jorbin, adamsilverstein, Otto42, JayCC, johnbillion, nacin, xknown, mattheu, nbachiyski, undergroundnetwork, morganestes, matveb, SergeyBiryukov, azaozz, joedolson, alex-ye, ciantic, MikeHansenMe, batmoo, Corphi, Marventus, ocean90, and DrewAPicture.