We were scheduled to do RC1 today. With around 100 tickets in Trac, this is not happening. We did a giant push to meet the beta deadline, but then people went back to their other stuff, dealt with 3.1.3 security release along with beta 2, and generally slowed down. I’m pushing back the RC target date on the schedule to Monday.
In the words of Lester Bangs (by way of Cameron Crowe via Almost Famous), let’s be honest and unmerciful in today’s scrub.
- If there’s a patch, make the call: is it in or out? If it’s not a blocker or a regression and the patch isn’t quite there, punt it, even if it is your pet ticket.
- If there’s not a patch, how bad is the bug? Blocker or regression? Assign it to someone and get a patch for testing by tomorrow. Not? Punt it and hit it early in 3.3.
- We need to fish or cut bait on a number of lingering small UI things. If someone wants to run through them with me we should be able to knock them out today or by tomorrow at latest.
- Licensing tickets. We need to do the right thing in all cases, and we need to do it this release.
- String freeze. I’ll do a run through today/tomorrow and look for anything that we’d planned to update but haven’t yet, including Credits and Freedoms screens. We need to do a check on text in help tabs,too, some still need updating. Will write text change patches myself or have a volunteer do them.
- Any tickets left in the milestone by EOD tomorrow should be blockers.
Let’s get this released tidied up and shipped so we can get started on 3.3!