This is a subcomponent of the Media component.
The Embeds component is all about embedding external content in posts. You can learn more about this feature on the WordPress Codex.
The most recent enhancement Enhancements are simple improvements to WordPress, such as the addition of a hook, a new feature, or an improvement to an existing feature. in this component was the introduction of enhanced embeds for WordPress sites in WordPress 4.4. This feature enables users to embed posts from any other WordPress site easily and securely.
Recent posts on the make/core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. blog (versus network, site)
View all posts tagged embeds.
78 open tickets in the Embeds component
78 open tickets. Last 7 days: -1 ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker.
19 tickets that have no replies
View list on Trac
- #42258 Twitter embed link in posts generates an empty paragraph
- #44074 oEmbed with many <pre> tags do not work
- #44705 Edit embed contents without saving post breaks previews
- #45653 Embed a youtube video block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. in gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ editor shows black screen area does not display video
- #46399 WordPress Embeds Block does not embed WordPress URL A specific web address of a website or web page on the Internet, such as a website’s URL www.wordpress.org
- #49682 oEmbed should not trigger for urls with fragments
- #49683 Multisite Used to describe a WordPress installation with a network of multiple blogs, grouped by sites. This installation type has shared users tables, and creates separate database tables for each blog (wp_posts becomes wp_0_posts). See also network, blog, site oEmbeds of URLs ignore query parameters
- #49910 Embed: resizable iframes
- #51059 YouTube Embed
- #51738 Adding Adventr as an oEmbed provider
- #52935 oEmbed cache is no longer refreshed upon post update
- #53061 Vimeo embed not working
- #54414 Support embedding Mobile Twitter URLs
- #54468 Apply aspect ratio classes to wp_oembed_get when theme_supports('responsive-embeds') is added
- #54694 Gist embed doesn't work for file with space in name
- #55771 Add oEmbed support for Google Data Studio
- #55784 TikTok Creator embed
2 tickets slated for 6.1
View list in Trac
- #55664 WP post embed: missing labels and duplicate IDs accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility)
- #55860 Add Pocket Casts as an oEmbed provider
78 open tickets
Open enhancements: 30 View list on Trac
Open tasks: 0 View list on Trac
Open feature requests: 2 View list on Trac
Help maintain this component
Many contributors help maintain one or more components. These maintainers are vital to keeping WordPress development running as smoothly as possible. They triage The act of evaluating and sorting bug reports, in order to decide priority, severity, and other factors. new tickets, look after existing ones, spearhead or mentor tasks, pitch new ideas, curate roadmaps, and provide feedback to other contributors. Longtime maintainers with a deep understanding of particular areas of Core are always seeking to mentor others to impart their knowledge.
Want to help? Start following this component! Adjust your notifications here. Feel free to dig into any ticket.
Contributors following this component: