This is a subcomponent of the Formatting component.
Shortcodes are small bits of WordPress magic that can be used within posts and pages to add dynamic content such as image galleries, media players, and stylized photo captions. Documentation of these features is located at Shortcode API. Visit the #feature-shortcode channel on Slack to get involved in the latest developments.
Current and Future Projects
A roadmap is under construction for 4.4 and future Milestones. Current objectives are to create Multiple Enclosures for more flexibility with HTML HyperText Markup Language. The semantic scripting language primarily used for outputting content in web browsers. in shortcodes, create conversion functions for old-style shortcodes that need to be updated, and define future restrictions on HTML in shortcodes and shortcodes in HTML.
Meetings are scheduled as-needed for the Shortcode A shortcode is a placeholder used within a WordPress post, page, or widget to insert a form or function generated by a plugin in a specific location on your site. API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways..
Shortcake is a major feature-as-plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party project that aims to supply a user-friendly interface for adding a shortcode to a post, and viewing and editing it from within the content editor.
Meetings are every Monday for the Shortcake feature.
See the latest posts and tickets below for more details.
Recent posts on the make/core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. blog (versus network, site)
View all posts tagged shortcodes.
46 open tickets in the Shortcodes component
46 open tickets. Last 7 days: +0 tickets
13 tickets that have no replies
View list on Trac
- #34559 get_post_galleries does not return the galleries properly
- #34814 Presence of "Less than sign" < adds additional closing shortcode tag A directory in Subversion. WordPress uses tags to store a single snapshot of a version (3.6, 3.6.1, etc.), the common convention of tags in version control systems. (Not to be confused with post tags.).
- #35545 Unexpected behavior of wp.shortcode.regexp
- #36958 extending has_shortcode to allow searching in custom fields
- #40958 force_balance_tags breaks Ninjaforms and probably other plugins that output html within js. ui administration
- #41086 Conditional loading of CSS Cascading Style Sheets. files from (for example) shortcodes
- #43456 `wp_html_split` <script>
- #43457 `wp_html_split` valid HTML attributes issues
- #45929 Potential assignment to empty string
- #47984 Filter Filters are one of the two types of Hooks https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks. They provide a way for functions to modify data of other functions. They are the counterpart to Actions. Unlike Actions, filters are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output. pre_do_shortcode
- #52567 Shortcodes in separate <p> tags appear on same line in browser
- #55406 Shortcodes don't work inside srcset attribute
46 open tickets
Open enhancements: 11 View list on Trac
Open tasks: 0 View list on Trac
Open feature requests: 4 View list on Trac
Help maintain this component
Many contributors help maintain one or more components. These maintainers are vital to keeping WordPress development running as smoothly as possible. They triage The act of evaluating and sorting bug reports, in order to decide priority, severity, and other factors. new tickets, look after existing ones, spearhead or mentor tasks, pitch new ideas, curate roadmaps, and provide feedback to other contributors. Longtime maintainers with a deep understanding of particular areas of Core are always seeking to mentor others to impart their knowledge.
Want to help? Start following this component! Adjust your notifications here. Feel free to dig into any ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker..
Contributors following this component: