A Release Candidate for WordPress 4.4.2 is now available. This maintenance release is scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, February 2, but first it needs your testing. This release fixes 17 issues reported against 4.4 and 4.4.1.
WordPress 4.4 has thus far been downloaded over 20 million times since it’s release on December 8. Please test this release candidate to ensure 4.4.2 fixes the reported issues and doesn’t introduce any new ones.
Thank you to the following 11 contributors to 4.4.2:
afercia, berengerzyla, boonebgorges, chandrapatel, chriscct7, dd32, firebird75, ivankristianto, jmdodd, ocean90, salvoaranzulla
- #35344 – Strange pagination issue on front page after 4.4.1 update.This was a very visible issue for certain users with specific settings. While remnants of this issue still exist (see #35689), the bulk of it has been fixed and is ready for testing.
- Comments – A total of 6 issues were fixed within the Comments component.
- #35419 – Incorrect comment pagination when comment threading is turned off
- #35402 – per_page parameter no longer works in wp_list_comments
- #35378 – Incorrect comment ordering when comment threading is turned off
- #35192 – Comments_clauses filter (issue)
- #35478 – 4.4 Regression on Querying for Comments by Multiple Post Fields
- #35356 – wp_list_comments ignores $comments parameter
Download & Test
We need your help to ensure there are no issues with the fixes in 4.4.2. Please download the RC and test!