Multisite office hours are held every Tuesday at 20:00 UTC in #core-multisite. The next will be 2015-10-13 2000.
This was our first structured office hours in a bit after a lag, but here’s to being back in action.
A rough agenda posted before the meeting:
- #28290 – We’ve added
_network_option()and need to converse some more about parameter order. After some thoughts shared in Slack yesterday, it seems that having
$network_idfirst makes sense. This would have the side effect of a seamless transition for those already using the functions in WP Multi Network. We should also add global options with a network ID of 0. This may belong in another ticket.
- #18292 – Opinions on whether we should temporarily fix the network upgrade process by halting on a failed site rather than using
wp_die()and killing the entire thing. A long term solution via #11869 is to revamp the process entirely so that we don’t have to worry about silly things like this.
- #34145 – Does anyone have a problem with removing Lucida Grande from
- #31240 – Patch needed, I haven’t had time to work on it yet, though I think we still have time in this cycle.
- #32450 – More testing, iterations on the current patch needed. This one is likely tougher than
WP_Networkas it touches more parts of core once implemented.
- Open floor, other things, tickets, etc…
- #28290 – Go with a new parameter order and accept
_network_option(). Revert the change to use
_network_option()in core. Open a new ticket to talk about storing network ID 0 as a global option. Initial revert in .
- #18292 – Let’s wait on the halt behavior and stick with what we know. We should tackle #11869 as a way to resolve all of this. Ticket closed.
- #34145 – Get rid of it. Committed in .
- #31240 – Postpone this until we’ve had a chance to really decide what we want from the Add New site screen. Not all networks are created equal in their configuration of domain and path. We need to start doing some more unit testing around what we actually do and do not support. Ticket moved to future release.
- #32450 – We didn’t have a chance to cover this one, more testing and iterations needed.