This post summarizes the latest weekly Editor meeting (agenda, slack transcript), held in the #core-editor Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel, on Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 14:00 UTC.
- Gutenberg 16.5.1 is available.
- Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ 16.6.0 RC1 will be released during the next hours.
- raised Add CSS class to paragraph block for awareness.
- It’s a hard to maintain PR due to the large number of modified files so faster reviews would be useful. The PR will add a new CSS Cascading Style Sheets. class to all rendered paragraphs.
- Do not be scared about the many changes the essence of the PR is detailed here.
- raised Query loop – remove current post ID for ‘related posts’ for awareness
- it appears the best way to redo this is a code exploration that would add a block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. attribute to skip the current post when the post is set to not inherit.
- Cover block align-top doesn’t work for awareness
- Inconsistent handling of line breaks in excerpts
- Still unclear what causes the issues, some opinions it may be a problem coming from how
autop magically intervenes in classic content.
- asked if there is a tracking issue in the Gutenberg repo for things related to the newly developed TwentTwentyFour theme
Async key project updates
Read the latest updates directly from the following tracking issues:
Note: Anyone reading this summary outside of the meeting, please drop a comment in the post summary, if you can/want to help with something.
#core-editor, #core-editor-summary, #gutenberg, #meeting-notes, #summary