Facilitator and notetaker: @bph
This is the agenda for the weekly editor chat scheduled for Wednesday, February 8, 2023, 03:00 PM GMT+1. This meeting is held in the #core-editor channel in the Making WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
- The release plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party release, Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ 15.1, is scheduled for Feb. 8th, WordPress 6.2 beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 1 is schedule for Feb. 7th. The project board for WordPress 6.2 Editor tasks is available.
- WordPress 6.2 Planning Roundup
- “The end of Phase 2 of the Gutenberg project is approaching!” wrote @matveb in Phase 2, Finale
- New Post on the Developer Blog (versus network, site): Creating custom block styles in WordPress themes by @greenshady
- 6.2 Dev Notes tracking issue is a work in progress.
Key project updates:
Open Floor – extended edition.
If you cannot attend the meeting, you are encouraged to share anything relevant for the discussion:
- If you have an update for the main site editing projects, please feel free to share as a comment or come prepared for the meeting itself.
- If you have anything to share for the Task Coordination section, please leave it as a comment on this post.
- If you have anything to propose for the agenda or other specific items related to those listed above, please leave a comment below.
Props to @paaljoachim for review
#agenda, #core-editor, #core-editor-agenda, #meeting