The weekly WordPress developers chat meeting was held in the core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. channel of the Make WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. at 20:00 UTC.
Start of the meeting in the core channel of the Make WordPress Slack.
Summary from November 16, 2022 dev chat.
- What’s new in Gutenberg 14.6 has been published.
- Support will end for WordPress 3.7 – 4.0 on December 1, 2022. The last release party for these versions will be on November 30, 2022. More in the post.
- The WordPress developer blog (versus network, site) is in public beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process.. Contributors needed. For more information please contact @bph or join the #core-dev-blog channel in the Make WordPress slack. Update post.
- The call for nominations for 2023 Core Team Representatives is open until December 2, 2022. Self-nominations are welcomed.
- DevHub is getting a new look. Feedback from developers needed, particularly on the way documentation has been split and the way block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. changed inside the articles in the code reference. Please comment in Figma or on this post from the documentation team.
2) Blog posts of note
3) Upcoming releases
The next major is 6.2; the next minor is 6.1.2. Look for updates next week.
4) Components and tickets
No major news this week for these components:
- Build/Test Tools
- I18N Internationalization, or the act of writing and preparing code to be fully translatable into other languages. Also see localization. Often written with a lowercase i so it is not confused with a lowercase L or the numeral 1. Often an acquired skill.
Help needed with onboarding new maintainers. If you’re a maintainer with tips you can share and/or are willing to let someone shadow you, please contact @marybaum
@helen highlighted ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. #57187 for people who had particular experience in containers.
5) Open Floor
No issues were discussed.
Props to to @marybaum and @webcommsat for facilitating; to @DavidPotter for the summary, and to @webcommsat and @audrasjb for reviewing; and to @estelaris, @audrasjb, @azaozz, and @sergeybiryukov for participating.