Facilitator and notetaker: @bph
This is the agenda for the weekly editor chat scheduled for Wednesday, October 12 2022, 2:00 PM UTC. This meeting is held in the #core-editor channel in the Making WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
General Announcements and Links.
- WordPress RC One of the final stages in the version release cycle, this version signals the potential to be a final release to the public. Also see alpha (beta). 6.1 – schedule for Tuesday Oct 11
- Field Guide The field guide is a type of blogpost published on Make/Core during the release candidate phase of the WordPress release cycle. The field guide generally lists all the dev notes published during the beta cycle. This guide is linked in the about page of the corresponding version of WordPress, in the release post and in the HelpHub version page. – published also Tuesday Oct 11
- Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ Plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party 14.3 to be released Oct 12. (RC is already available)
Key project updates
Open Floor – extended edition.
If you cannot attend the meeting, you are encouraged to share anything relevant for the discussion:
- If you have an update for the main site editing projects, please feel free to share as a comment or come prepared for the meeting itself.
- If you have anything to share for the Task Coordination section, please leave it as a comment on this post.
- If you have anything to propose for the agenda or other specific items related to those listed above, please leave a comment below.
Post reviewed by @paaljoachim. Thank you.