This post summarizes the latest weekly Editor meeting (agenda, slack transcript), held in the #core-editor Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel, on Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 14:00 UTC.
Gutenberg v13.8.0 stable version was tagged and released today.
Thanks to @mamaduka for tackling this release!
Async key project updates
Read the latest updates directly from the following tracking issues:
- On the styles and style engine projects created a PR ready that outputs the presets specific to a section. It is ready for reviewWith it a group block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. e.g: used in a pattern can have its own presets e.g: its own color palette its own gradients etc
- A PR with an identical mechanism for descendent block styles is also available at.
- On the site editor and templates project, I created a PR that allow the user to create a generic template from the site editor and another that allows creating templates for specific authors.
- On the building with patterns project, I have a PR ready that allows one to limit the usage of its pattern to specific post types.
- From the mobile side, we recently worked to match the web’s support for List v2.
- Working on a recap of the latest call for testing for the outreach program (and figuring out what the next one might look like).
@zieladam shared about way to update HTML HyperText Markup Language. The semantic scripting language primarily used for outputting content in web browsers. markup from PHP The web scripting language in which WordPress is primarily architected. WordPress requires PHP 5.6.20 or higher
- Could you use a better way of updating the HTML block markup from your PHP code? You’ll love this proposal of a canonical HTML-processing API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways.:WP_HTML_Walker: Inject dynamic data to block HTML markup in PHP it can only move forward with your input! Please read, express your use-case and concerns, and review the code – it’s the only way to get it eventually merged.
- The proposal will be shared via make post for better visibility and reach.
- Suggested adding
coordinate-with-gutenber to some trac An open source project by Edgewall Software that serves as a bug tracker and project management tool for WordPress. tickets such as 56228 which involves editing both core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. files and the plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party.
Note: Anyone reading this summary outside of the meeting, please drop a comment in the post summary, if you can/want to help with something.
Read complete transcript
#meeting-notes, #core-editor, #editor, #gutenberg, #core-editor-summary