This post summarizes the latest weekly Editor meeting (agenda, slack transcript), held in the #core-editor Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel, on Wednesday, July 06, 2022, 14:00 UTC.
Async key project updates
Read the latest updates directly from the following tracking issues:
- On the styles and style engine projects created a PR ready that outputs the presets specific to a section. It is ready for reviewWith it a group block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. e.g: used in a pattern can have its own presets e.g: its own color palette its own gradients etc
- A PR with an identical mechanism for descendent block styles is also available at.
- On the site editor and templates project, I created a PR that allow the user to create a generic template from the site editor and another that allows creating templates for specific authors.
- On the building with patterns project, I have a PR ready that allows one to limit the usage of its pattern to specific post types.
- Focusing on merging the editor changes to WordPress 6.0.1 and also exploring add a .wp-block-heading CSS class to the core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress./heading block – and perhaps other blocks as well?
- Published another part of the WordPress data tutorial
- Worked on adding new templates to the UI User interface, outputting presets at the block level and descendent block styles, and the API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways. that allows restricting patterns to specific post types.
- Next week I plan to continue expanding the template creation with the UI supports, iterate and merge the current PR’s .
- Pick a new task if we manage to finish the expansion of supported templates on the UI.
- I’d love to get a pair of eyes on this PR that a college prepared. It adds a setting to
theme.json to allow developers to control whether the width control of the Core Buttons block gets shown to the user or not
Note: Anyone reading this summary outside of the meeting, please drop a comment in the post summary, if you can/want to help with something.
Read complete transcript
#meeting-notes, #core-editor, #editor, #gutenberg, #core-editor-summary