@marybaum and @webcommsat led today’s developers chat meeting. The meeting agenda.
Link to this <dev-chat> on Making WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
Notable news and blog (versus network, site) posts
WordPress 6.0 is in active development, with plans for betas by mid-April, RC One of the final stages in the version release cycle, this version signals the potential to be a final release to the public. Also see alpha (beta).’s beginning early May and final release at the end of May 2022. The bug scrub schedule and list of early tickets.
WordPress 5.9.3 is planning a release candidate One of the final stages in the version release cycle, this version signals the potential to be a final release to the public. Also see alpha (beta). for March 29 and final release on March 31 (or April 5, depending on final scope).
- @afragen is seeking comments and feedback on Plugin Dependency iteration in #22316.
- @craigfrancis is seeking testing and feedback on an escaping method for table names in SQL queries #52506.
- @johnbillion noted #47280 is seeking review for the deprecation of
SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS in MySQL MySQL is a relational database management system. A database is a structured collection of data where content, configuration and other options are stored. https://www.mysql.com/. 8.0.17 — he and Craig are each reviewing each other’s database tickets.
- @webcommsat mentioned two tickets from the recent bug A bug is an error or unexpected result. Performance improvements, code optimization, and are considered enhancements, not defects. After feature freeze, only bugs are dealt with, with regressions (adverse changes from the previous version) being the highest priority. scrubs:
- Ticket #19907
- Ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. #33885:
meta_form running a potentially expensive query as a ticket that could use more eyes and review.
- 6.0 bug scrubs in the coming days and weeks.
- Just over one week to WordPress 5.9.3 minor release A set of releases or versions having the same minor version number may be collectively referred to as .x , for example version 5.2.x to refer to versions 5.2, 5.2.1, 5.2.3, and all other versions in the 5.2 (five dot two) branch of that software. Minor Releases often make improvements to existing features and functionality..
- Just under three weeks to WordPress 6.0 beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 1.
- Our next Weekly Developer Chat in #core on Wednesday, March 30, 2022 at 20:00 UTC.
- General updates & podcast episodes on WordPress News.
Props to: @dryanpress for writing the summary, and @marybaum and @webcommsat for running the meeting and reviewing the summary.
#6-0, #dev-chat, #summary, #week-in-core