Facilitator and notetaker: @ajitbohra
This is the agenda for the weekly editor chat scheduled for Wednesday, December 22 2021, 03:00 PM GMT+1.
This meeting is held in the #core-editor channel in the Making WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
- Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ 12.2.0
- WordPress 5.9
- revised release schedule.
- Beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 3 release 14 December.
- “Must Haves” review – what’s left?
- Updates based on updated scope for site editing projects:
- Navigation Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience..
- Template editor.
- Mobile Team.
- Components Team.
- Task Coordination.
- Open Floor.
If you are not able to attend the meeting, you are encouraged to share anything relevant for the discussion:
- If you have an update for the main site editing projects, please feel free to share as a comment or come prepared for the meeting itself.
- If you have anything to share for the Task Coordination section, please leave it as a comment on this post.
- If you have anything to propose for the agenda or other specific items related to those listed above, please leave a comment below.
#agenda, #core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress.-editor, #core-editor-agenda, #meeting