Welcome back to a new issue of Week in Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress.. Let’s take a look at what changed on Trac An open source project by Edgewall Software that serves as a bug tracker and project management tool for WordPress. between October 18 and October 25, 2021.
- 14 commits
- 9 contributors
- 37 tickets created
- 5 tickets reopened
- 31 tickets closed
The Core team is currently working on the next point (5.8.2) and major (5.9) releases 🛠
Worth noting that each feature slated to the 5.9 milestone has been validated, that the Twenty Twenty-Two Theme development is on the way, and the 5.9 bug scrub schedule has been published 🚀
Ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. numbers are based on the Trac timeline for the period above. The following is a summary of commits, organized by component and/or focus.
We can note that there has been a decrease in the number of commits. Hopefully this will increase again quickly.
- Use the correct workflow name in notifications on
workflow_run – #53363
- Restore Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. notifications for older branches – #53363
@ticket references for
page_on_front canonical tests – #53363
- Adjustments as a follow up to  – #53363
- Modify the Slack notifications workflow to be a reusable one – #53363
- Fix syntax for passing secrets to a called workflow – #53363
- Pass required secrets to the Slack notifications workflow – #53363
$theHeaders variable to
WP_Http_Curl::request() – #53359
- Rename the
$arrHeaders variable to
WP_Http_Streams::request() – #53359
id attributes in
::print_template() – #54295
- Improve escaping in
wp_login_form() – #54279
- Improve escaping in
wp-admin/theme-install.php – #54277
- Use sign-up & signup consistently in
wp-signup.php – #54041, #53399
- Don’t output empty tags on Credits screen – #54275
Thanks to the 9 people who contributed to WordPress Core on Trac last week: @audrasjb (3), @sabbirshouvo (3), @mukesh27 (3), @jeffpaul (1), @henry.wright (1), @SergeyBiryukov (1), @sabernhardt (1), @afragen (1), and @sayedulsayem (1).
Core committers: @sergeybiryukov (7), @desrosj (6), and @peterwilsoncc (1).