Welcome back to a new issue of Week in Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress.. Let’s take a look at what changed on Trac An open source project by Edgewall Software that serves as a bug tracker and project management tool for WordPress. between October 11 and October 18, 2021.
- 16 commits
- 30 contributors
- 29 tickets created
- 5 tickets reopened
- 17 tickets closed
The Core team is currently working on the next point (5.8.2) and major (5.9) releases 🛠
Worth noting that each feature slated to the 5.9 milestone has been validated, that the Twenty Twenty-Two Theme development is on the way, and the 5.9 bug scrub schedule has been published today 🚀
Ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. numbers are based on the Trac timeline for the period above. The following is a summary of commits, organized by component and/or focus.
public visibility to methods in
src directory – #54177
- Add a leading zero in the CSS Cascading Style Sheets. declarations printed by the
print_emoji_styles() function – #54284
- Consistently escape form action URL A specific web address of a website or web page on the Internet, such as a website’s URL www.wordpress.org in
wp-admin/update-core.php – #54278
- Fix malformed cron array in
false – #53950
- Remove errant
false values in cron array when upgrading to 5.9+ – #53950
- Improve documentation for the
tax_input parameter of
wp_insert_post() – #54264
WP_Date_Query documentation to reflect changes in accepted column names – #54248
- Update documentation for the
date_query_valid_columns filter Filters are one of the two types of Hooks https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks. They provide a way for functions to modify data of other functions. They are the counterpart to Actions. Unlike Actions, filters are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output. – #54248 – #53550
- Add Wolfram Notebook as a trusted oEmbed provider – #53326
FileSystem API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways.
- Add safeguard for invalid A resolution on the bug tracker (and generally common in software development, sometimes also notabug) that indicates the ticket is not a bug, is a support request, or is generally invalid. return from
wp_delete_attachment() – #52241
- Fix autovivification deprecation notice in
recurse_dirsize() – #53635
- Fix infinite loop The Loop is PHP code used by WordPress to display posts. Using The Loop, WordPress processes each post to be displayed on the current page, and formats it according to how it matches specified criteria within The Loop tags. Any HTML or PHP code in the Loop will be processed on each post. https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop. on Windows for
clean_dirsize_cache() – #52241
- Add context for some Media Library filter strings: – #54238
- Display the unsaved changes dialog in image edit form using jQuery
.text() function – #54232
REST API The REST API is an acronym for the RESTful Application Program Interface (API) that uses HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST and DELETE data. It is how the front end of an application (think “phone app” or “website”) can communicate with the data store (think “database” or “file system”) https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/.
- Add text-field and textarea-field as available schema formats for string sanitization – #49960
- Correct the order of the parameters documented for
WP_REST_Server::respond_to_request() – #53399
Thanks to the 30 people who contributed to WordPress Core on Trac last week: @jrf (6), @audrasjb (4), @hellofromTonya (3), @jdy68 (2), @peterwilsoncc (2), @ocean90 (2), @mukesh27 (2), @johnjamesjacoby (2), @dimadin (2), @SergeyBiryukov (2), @TimothyBlynJacobs (1), @costdev (1), @sebastienserre (1), @janthiel (1), @isabel_brison (1), @desrosj (1), @josephdickson (1), @ekojr (1), @joegasper (1), @bartoszgrzesik (1), @teachlynx (1), @drosmog (1), @sjlevy (1), @codezen8 (1), @sergeybiryukov (1), @raubvogel (1), @dingo_d (1), @sabbirshouvo (1), @sabernhardt (1), and @justinahinon (1).
Congrats and welcome to our 7 new contributors of the week: @ekojr, @joegasper, @bartoszgrzesik, @teachlynx, @drosmog, @sjlevy, and @codezen8 ♥️
Core committers: @hellofromtonya (7), @sergeybiryukov (7), @johnbillion (1), @pento (1), and @rachelbaker (1).