Here is the agenda for this week’s developer meetings to occur at July 7, 2021 at 20:00 UTC.
Blog (versus network, site) Post Highlights
- RC One of the final stages in the version release cycle, this version signals the potential to be a final release to the public. Also see alpha (beta). 1 released last week and RC 2 yesterday, now under hard string freeze
- Working on Field Guide The field guide is a type of blogpost published on Make/Core during the release candidate phase of the WordPress release cycle. The field guide generally lists all the dev notes published during the beta cycle. This guide is linked in the about page of the corresponding version of WordPress, in the release post and in the HelpHub version page. email to plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party/theme authors
- No further bug A bug is an error or unexpected result. Performance improvements, code optimization, and are considered enhancements, not defects. After feature freeze, only bugs are dealt with, with regressions (adverse changes from the previous version) being the highest priority. scrubs scheduled, so please highlight issues of concern directly in #core
- RC 3 in 6 days on Tuesday, July 13th
- 5.8 release in 13 days on Tuesday, July 20th
Components check-in and status updates
- 5.8 plans and help needed
- Check-in with each component for status updates.
- Poll for components that need assistance.
Do you have something to propose for the agenda, or a specific item relevant to the usual agenda items above?
Please leave a comment, and say whether or not you’ll be in the chat, so the group can either give you the floor or bring up your topic for you accordingly.
This meeting happens in the #core channel. To join the meeting, you’ll need an account on the Making WordPress Slack.
#5-8, #agenda, #dev-chat