Here is the agenda for this week’s developer meetings to occur at the following times: June 23, 2021 at 5:00 UTC and June 23, 2021 at 20:00 UTC.
Blog (versus network, site) Post Highlights
- Beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 3 released yesterday and a soft string freeze, our focus now shifts to RC One of the final stages in the version release cycle, this version signals the potential to be a final release to the public. Also see alpha (beta). phase with RC1 release in 6 days on Tuesday, June 29th
- Focus now on publishing Dev Notes and eventual Field Guide The field guide is a type of blogpost published on Make/Core during the release candidate phase of the WordPress release cycle. The field guide generally lists all the dev notes published during the beta cycle. This guide is linked in the about page of the corresponding version of WordPress, in the release post and in the HelpHub version page., committing the About page, drafting the release post, and a hard string freeze
- Next Beta Scrub before RC 1 is Monday, June 28th 20:00 UTC
- RC 1 in 6 days on Tuesday, June 29th
- 5.8 release in 27 days on Tuesday, July 20th
Components check-in and status updates
- 5.8 plans and help needed
- Check-in with each component for status updates.
- Poll for components that need assistance.
Do you have something to propose for the agenda, or a specific item relevant to the usual agenda items above?
Please leave a comment, and say whether or not you’ll be in the chat, so the group can either give you the floor or bring up your topic for you accordingly.
This meeting happens in the #core channel. To join the meeting, you’ll need an account on the Making WordPress Slack.