On Tuesday May 18, the component held a meeting in the #core-auto-updates Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel. You can read the conversation in Slack.
At this time, the component is tackling two main topics
- Triage The act of evaluating and sorting bug reports, in order to decide priority, severity, and other factors. of the component
Yesterday @afragen, @poena, @francina, and @pbiron worked/discussed the following tickets:
- #14781 – The ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. was discussed also during the previous chat. It was decided to close it and follow the best practices laid out in the plugin handbook.
- #20944 – The ticket was closed. The maintainers don’t see an elegant way to automate this action at this time. The solution is to re-activate the plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party from the CLI Command Line Interface. Terminal (Bash) in Mac, Command Prompt in Windows, or WP-CLI for WordPress. or via FTP FTP is an acronym for File Transfer Protocol which is a way of moving computer files from one computer to another via the Internet. You can use software, known as a FTP client, to upload files to a server for a WordPress website. https://codex.wordpress.org/FTP_Clients..
- #17301 – A method or instructions on how to test would be good. Added a note asking for testing info in the ticket.
- #51823 and #51857 – The issue in the first ticket can not be reproduced or addressed without more details. @francina will investigate with @sergeybiryukov since the ticket mentions the Yoast plugin. As for the second ticket, @afragen pointed out that there were issues in the copying of the downloaded plugin or the plugin was incompletely downloaded and it’s hard to determine. The feature plugin A plugin that was created with the intention of eventually being proposed for inclusion in WordPress Core. See Features as Plugins. Rollback Update Failure is an attempt to restore the previous existing plugin in the event of a failure. He created a Gist to force a failure to see how the feature plugin works. https://gist.github.com/afragen/80b68a6c8826ab37025b05d4519bb4bf – If you try it, please add your comments in the tickets.
- #15134, #29408, and #36710 are all related to symlinks. @pbiron will evaluate those and see if he can close a couple of them in favor of keeping of single ticket open.
See you next week!