Welcome back to a new issue of Week in Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress.. Let’s take a look at what changed on Trac An open source project by Edgewall Software that serves as a bug tracker and project management tool for WordPress. between April 26 and May 3, 2021.
- 17 commits
- 28 contributors
- 57 tickets created
- 4 tickets reopened
- 44 tickets closed
Ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. numbers are based on the Trac timeline for the period above. The following is a summary of commits, organized by component and/or focus.
- Correctly test
grunt clean when built to run from
src – #52625
get_bookmark() test coverage – #52988
- Twenty Twenty-One: Fix “Opening PHP The web scripting language in which WordPress is primarily architected. WordPress requires PHP 5.6.20 or higher tag A directory in Subversion. WordPress uses tags to store a single snapshot of a version (3.6, 3.6.1, etc.), the common convention of tags in version control systems. (Not to be confused with post tags.) must be on a line by itself” WPCS The collection of PHP_CodeSniffer rules (sniffs) used to format and validate PHP code developed for WordPress according to the WordPress Coding Standards.
- Twenty Twenty-One: Display page title as the H1 heading when a static page is selected as the “Posts page” – #52938
- Fix a whitespace at end of line issue in
wp-admin/includes/class-wp-comments-list-table.php – #52627
- Use strict comparison in
wp-admin/includes/class-wp-posts-list-table.php – #52627
WP_Widget_Pages with a more meaningful name – #53059
- Fix a precision alignment issue in
wp-admin/includes/template.php – #52627
- Document the usage of
$current_user global in
get_user_by() – #53088
- Fix typo in image default size setting – #52920
- Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor: Update the bundled block patterns – #52846
- Upgrade PHPMailer to version 6.4.1 – #53114
Posts, Post Types
- Pass the post object to
the_password_form filter Filters are one of the two types of Hooks https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks. They provide a way for functions to modify data of other functions. They are the counterpart to Actions. Unlike Actions, filters are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output. – #29008
REST API The REST API is an acronym for the RESTful Application Program Interface (API) that uses HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST and DELETE data. It is how the front end of an application (think “phone app” or “website”) can communicate with the data store (think “database” or “file system”) https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/.
- Check the results of
WP_REST_Meta_Fields methods – #53099
- Remove title attribute on pending updates link – #26562, #53031
- Display plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party and theme update counts on WordPress Updates screen – #53031
- Share current user instance across functions – #28020
Thanks to the 28 people who contributed to WordPress Core on Trac last week:
@mukesh27 (4), @sabernhardt (3), @audrasjb (3), @peterwilsoncc (2), @hellofromtonya (2), @rmccue (1), @lukecarbis (1), @donmhico (1), @chriscct7 (1), @chaion07 (1), @silb3r (1), @paaggeli (1), @david.binda (1), @gziolo (1), @kjellr (1), @beafialho (1), @melchoyce (1), @onemaggie (1), @mamaduka (1), @ayeshrajans (1), @Mte90 (1), @afercia (1), @Boniu91 (1), @francina (1), @rianrietveld (1), @justinahinon (1), @davidbaumwald (1), and @TimothyBlynJacobs (1).
Congrats to our new contributor of the week: @paaggeli ♥️
Core committers: @sergeybiryukov (10), @peterwilsoncc (2), @joedolson (1), @gziolo (1), @davidbaumwald (1), @desrosj (1), and @youknowriad (1).