Facilitator and notetaker: @annezazu
This is the agenda for the weekly editor chat scheduled for 2021-04-7 14:00 UTC.
This meeting is held in the #core-editor channel in the Making WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
- Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ 10.3.1 release.
- Help test the WordPress 5.7.1 RC (RC One of the final stages in the version release cycle, this version signals the potential to be a final release to the public. Also see alpha (beta). will land on the meeting day).
- Reminder: feedback due on April 8th for the FSE Program Testing Call #4: Building a restaurant themed header.
- Monthly Plan for April 2021 (link to hopefully come by meeting time) and key project updates:
- Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. based Widget A WordPress Widget is a small block that performs a specific function. You can add these widgets in sidebars also known as widget-ready areas on your web page. WordPress widgets were originally created to provide a simple and easy-to-use way of giving design and structure control of the WordPress theme to the user. Editor.
- Navigation block.
- Full Site Editing.
- Task Coordination.
- Open Floor.
If you are not able to attend the meeting, you are encouraged to share anything relevant for the discussion:
- If you have anything to share for the Task Coordination section, please leave it as a comment on this post.
- If you have anything to propose for the agenda or other specific items related to those listed above, please leave a comment below.