The meeting took place here on Slack. @danfarrow facilitated and wrote up these notes.
- @ryelle noted that daylight savings comes into effect in the US on March 13th and asked if we should change the meeting time
- @danfarrow agreed that it would be good to move the meeting time but maybe not until UK daylight savings has come into effect at the end of the month, as otherwise the meeting would be at 11pm in the UK
- We agreed that the next meeting should stay as 22:00 UTC and we can discuss the change then – if you have a preference please let us know!
Discussion: Ideas for custom property naming
- @danfarrow shared his custom property naming for buttons mock-up which, with a little cheating, reduces the custom properties to
- @ryelle liked the use of the word
contrast to clarify the intent of the custom property
--color-$n approach received support from @audrasjb & @danfarrow, however it still has the issue of a lack of context. When defining the numbered colour values it’s not clear what the contrast relationships should be between them
- We concluded by following up @notlaura’s idea from last week of having people mock-up another UI User interface component of their choice with custom properties. It would be great if people could bring their mock-ups to the March 25th meeting!
- There were no project updates this week
Open floor / CSS Cascading Style Sheets. link share
- @sabernhardt shared a link to ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. #52760: Color not accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) for AA which @ryelle offered to look at
- @sabernhardt also asked for anyone with good flexbox knowledge to join the discussion on #28983: Admin (and super admin) bar length or Admin bar on two line
With that our time was up. Thanks everyone!