Note: 1 hour before the meeting this week, @kburgoine will lead a Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ CSS Cascading Style Sheets. bug A bug is an error or unexpected result. Performance improvements, code optimization, and are considered enhancements, not defects. After feature freeze, only bugs are dealt with, with regressions (adverse changes from the previous version) being the highest priority. triage The act of evaluating and sorting bug reports, in order to decide priority, severity, and other factors.!
This is the agenda for the upcoming CSS meeting scheduled for Thursday, February 11, at 10:00 PM UTC. This meeting will be held in the #core-css channel in the Making WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
If there’s any topic you’d like to discuss, or if you have suggestions for discussion questions, please leave a comment below!
- Happy 1 year to the Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. CSS Chat!
- Discussion, continued: Introducing CSS Custom Properties to WP Admin (and super admin) (see notes from last week for details)
- Project Updates
- Visual Regression A software bug that breaks or degrades something that previously worked. Regressions are often treated as critical bugs or blockers. Recent regressions may be given higher priorities. A "3.6 regression" would be a bug in 3.6 that worked as intended in 3.5. Testing (#49606)
- Color Scheming (apart from discussion) (#49999)
- Open Floor + CSS Link Share