As part of the 5.7 release, we’ll be hosting test scrubs focused on the tickets milestoned for 5.7 on Friday, January 12, 2021 at 13:30 UTC in the #core channel on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
Following are the tickets going to be discussed in the scrub
- Open the Terminal app
- Install homebrew by pasting /
bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install.sh)" – You might be asked if you want to install the Xcode Command Line Tools, confirm.
- Install Git Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency. Git is easy to learn and has a tiny footprint with lightning fast performance. Most modern plugin and theme development is being done with this version control system. https://git-scm.com/. by typing
brew install Git
- Install Docker by typing
brew cask install Docker
- Install Node by typing
brew install Node
- Open the Docker app in your computer and ignore the welcome screen that tells you to create a container
- Clone the GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ repository with the wordpress-development environment by typing
git clone and the URL A specific web address of a website or web page on the Internet, such as a website’s URL www.wordpress.org you get when you click on the green button on the top of the GitHub repo that says
Code. Pick the HTTPS HTTPS is an acronym for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure. HTTPS is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website that you are connected to. The 'S' at the end of HTTPS stands for 'Secure'. It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted. This is especially helpful for protecting sensitive data like banking information. URL.
- Go to the directory where you cloned the repo (you can use cd wordpress-develop to locate it)
- Now type these 4 commands
- npm install
- npm run build:dev
- npm run env:start
- npm run env:install
- You should be able to access the development version of WordPress at http://localhost:8889/. You can access it with username
admin and password
Do you have a ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. you want to bring up for testing?
In order to allow testers to manually test the patch A special text file that describes changes to code, by identifying the files and lines which are added, removed, and altered. It may also be referred to as a diff. A patch can be applied to a codebase for testing., you should include the following information:
- What are the steps to reproduce the problem?
- What are the steps to test?
- Are there any testing dependencies such as a plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party or script?
- What is the expected behavior after applying the patch?