With 5.7 officially kicked off, time to schedule the 5.7 sessions. These 5.7 specific ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. scrubs will happen each week until the final release.
Focus: early tickets, tickets that require more time or early testing.
Focus: features and enhancements.
Focus: issues reported from the previous beta and defects.
Focus: issues reported from the previous RC
3/1/2021 16:00 UTC day before RC 2
- additional scrub will be added if there are reported RC 2 issues
Check this schedule often, as it will change to reflect the latest information.
APAC-friendly scrubs will be led by @lukecarbis.
What about recurring component scrubs and triage The act of evaluating and sorting bug reports, in order to decide priority, severity, and other factors. sessions?
The above 5.7 scheduled bug A bug is an error or unexpected result. Performance improvements, code optimization, and are considered enhancements, not defects. After feature freeze, only bugs are dealt with, with regressions (adverse changes from the previous version) being the highest priority. scrubs are separate and in addition.
For your reference, here are some of the recurring sessions:
- Design Triage: Every Tuesday 16:00 UTC in the #design channel (for both core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. and Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/).
- Accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) Scrub: Every Friday 14:00 UTC in the #accessibility channel.
- APAC-friendly Scrub: Every Tuesday at 05:00 UTC in the #core channel. This scrub will continue during the cycle, alternating focus between core and editor.
- Testing Scrub: Every Friday 13:30 UTC in the #core channel.
Want to lead a bug scrub?
Did you know that anyone can lead a bug scrub at anytime? Yes, you can!
How? Ping The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” me (@hellofromtonya) on slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. and let me know the day and time you’re considering as well as the report or tickets you want to scrub.
Planning one that’s 5.7-focused? Awesome! We’ll add it to the schedule here. You’ll get well deserved props in the weekly Dev Chat, as well as in the #props Slack channel!
Where can you find tickets to scrub?
- Report 5 provides a list of all open 5.7 tickets:
- Report 6 provides a list of open 5.7 tickets ordered by workflow.
Need a refresher on bug scrubs? Checkout Leading Bug Scrubs in the core handbook.
Have a question, concern, or suggestion? Want to lead a bug scrub? Please leave a comment or reach out directly to me (@hellofromtonya) on slack.