Facilitator and notetaker @annezazu
This is the agenda for the weekly editor chat scheduled for 2020-10-28 14:00 UTC.
This meeting is held in the #core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress.-editor channel in the Making WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
- Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ 9.2.2
- WordPress 5.6 Beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 2
- Monthly Plan for October 2020 and key project updates. For the updates, the discussion will focus on what is being done and help that is needed:
- Global Styles & Editor focused APIs
- Widget A WordPress Widget is a small block that performs a specific function. You can add these widgets in sidebars also known as widget-ready areas on your web page. WordPress widgets were originally created to provide a simple and easy-to-use way of giving design and structure control of the WordPress theme to the user. Screen
- Full Site Editing
- Task Coordination
- Open Floor
Even if you can’t make the meeting, you’re encouraged to share anything relevant for the meeting in the comments below:
- If you have anything to share for the Task Coordination section, please leave it as a comment on this post.
- If you have anything to propose for the agenda or other specific items related to those listed above, please leave a comment below.