Facilitator and notetaker @annezazu
This is the agenda for the weekly editor chat scheduled for 2020-09-30 14:00 UTC
This meeting is held in the #core-editor channel in the Making WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
- Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ 9.1
- Check in on the 5.6 Project board
- Monthly Plan review for September 2020 and key project updates with a sneak peak of October 2020 monthly plan. This will be time to focus on current issues, what is being done, and where help that is needed.
- Global Styles
- Navigation screen and Navigation block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience.
- Widgets screen
- Customizer Tool built into WordPress core that hooks into most modern themes. You can use it to preview and modify many of your site’s appearance settings. screen
- Full Site Editing
- Task Coordination
- Open Floor
Even if you can’t make the meeting, you’re encouraged to share anything relevant for the meeting in the comments below:
- If you have anything to share for the Task Coordination section, please leave it as a comment on this post.
- If you have anything to propose for the agenda or other specific items related to those listed above, please leave a comment below.