If you have an item you would like to discuss at the next meeting, please add it to the next agenda document.
There were no agenda items for today, so @psykro moved straight to the open floor
- @itsjonq was having some problems with his laptop crashing when using a Docker local development environment.
- If anyone has any other suggestions, please let him know.
@psykro closed meeting after 30 minutes.
Next chat is on Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 14:00 UTC in the #core-js channel on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. If you have anything you would like to discuss, please add it to the agenda document.
WordPress 5.5 related
- The Dashicons library receives it’s final update in WordPress 5.5. If you’re using it in any products, it will still be available in WordPress, however its good switch to using the
@wordpress/icons package instead (if suitable).
- The register theme feature API is landed. This allows custom theme features to be registered and exposed on the theme features support REST endpoint.
- In WordPress 5.5, images will be lazy loaded by default. Some great work here in preventing layout shifting.
- An overview of all that is landing in WordPress 5.5 around Block Patterns.
- New and modified REST API endpoints landing in WP 5.5. Includes notes on:
wp/v2/media/10/edit, block renderer route changes, and majority of theme header The header of your site is typically the first thing people will experience. The masthead or header art located across the top of your page is part of the look and feel of your website. It can influence a visitor’s opinion about your content and you/ your organization’s brand. It may also look different on different screen sizes. information is now being returned on the
- There are also some REST API Paramater and JSON Schema changes coming. In particular, the work that has gone into improving the options for more defined schema’s is sweet.