Here is the agenda for the weekly meeting happening later today: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, at 09:00 PM UTC.
- This week marks week 5 of the 5.4 release cycle 🙌
- WordPress 5.4 Beta 2 was released yesterday, February 18, as scheduled.
Highlighted Blog (versus network, site) Posts
Upcoming Releases – 5.4
- Beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 3 to be released on February 25
- Status report on the About page – content and design
- Dev Notes Each important change in WordPress Core is documented in a developers note, (usually called dev note). Good dev notes generally include a description of the change, the decision that led to this change, and a description of how developers are supposed to work with that change. Dev notes are published on Make/Core blog during the beta phase of WordPress release cycle. Publishing dev notes is particularly important when plugin/theme authors and WordPress developers need to be aware of those changes.In general, all dev notes are compiled into a Field Guide at the beginning of the release candidate phase. status and how to proceed to get them all published in time for RC1 and the Field Guide The field guide is a type of blogpost published on Make/Core during the release candidate phase of the WordPress release cycle. The field guide generally lists all the dev notes published during the beta cycle. This guide is linked in the about page of the corresponding version of WordPress, in the release post and in the HelpHub version page.
- News from components
- Components up for adoption (Filesystem API and Rewrite Rules)
- Components that need help
- Cross component collaboration
If you have anything to propose for the agenda or specific items related to those listed above, please leave a comment below.
This meeting is held in the #core channel. To join the meeting, you’ll need an account on the Making WordPress Slack.
#5-4, #agenda, #dev-chat