This is a monthly update containing the high-level items, Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ contributors are and should focus on for the next month.
Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Content Areas
In previous Gutenberg releases, a new
wp_template Custom Post Type WordPress can hold and display many different types of content. A single item of such a content is generally called a post, although post is also a specific post type. Custom Post Types gives your site the ability to have templated posts, to simplify the concept. has been created to store block content areas and enable using Gutenberg outside the post content. In the next weeks, contributors will be working on expanding on this work:
- Render the frontend template loader to support
- Add a temporary UI User interface to edit these templates 17625.
- Experiment with blocks targeting site options (title) 17207.
- Work on a UI to save multiple entities (post, site, template…) from the same interface. 18029.
- Nested template areas.
Menu Navigation Block
The Menu Navigation is also one of an important focus for this month. You . can follow all the related work on this project and the overview issue.
Existing interactions and blocks will be iterated on:
- Gradients support across blocks 18001.
- Theme API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways. for gradients. 17841, 18008, 18028.
- Improvements to the Media Flows. 16200.
- Improve nested block navigation through a block hierarchy breadcrumb and explore selection tools. 17838 17088.