The following is the agenda for the privacy weekly office hours meeting. The meeting is held every Wednesday at 19:00 UTC in the #core-privacy room of the Making WordPress Slack.
- Announcements / Housekeeping
- Upcoming Release (5.3) Planning
Note: We have 7 bugs (5 in Privacy component and 2 in privacy focus) pending for 5.3, they will need to be committed or punted by the Release Candidate One of the final stages in the version release cycle, this version signals the potential to be a final release to the public. Also see alpha (beta). scheduled for Oct. 15th, 2019.
- #37782 – Duplicate Page Entry in View All Pages when generating a Menu
- #43974 – Both personal data request processes should follow the same convention
- #44038 – Change personal data export path stored in request meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. to relative paths
- #44314 –
user_confirmed_action_email_content filter Filters are one of the two types of Hooks https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks. They provide a way for functions to modify data of other functions. They are the counterpart to Actions. Unlike Actions, filters are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output. run on two different strings
- #44669 – Privacy Notification doesn’t clear after dismissing notification
- #46829 – Denote the special pages in Customizer Tool built into WordPress core that hooks into most modern themes. You can use it to preview and modify many of your site’s appearance settings. Menu editor
- Feature Plugin Proposal: Privacy Data Request Form
- Feature Plugin Discussion: Consent and Logging Mechanism for User Privacy
- Discussion / Open Floor
If you have anything to propose for the agenda or specific items related to those listed above, please leave a comment below.