This post summarizes the weekly editor chat meeting on Wednesday, 28 August 2019, 14:00 WEST held in Slack.
- Inline tips #16582 was closed until #16592 gets resolved.
- Edit MediaFlow #11952 received feedback and needs to be updated).
- Regarding the architecture work preparing the editor to handle multiple entities, @epiqueras shared that the framework changes and everything up to the site block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. is done. Now we need designs for template selection/creation, and post block save flows, etc.
- Background color for the cover block was merged and release.
- Regarding the gradient backgrounds, @jorgefilipecosta proposed a PR implementing gradient functionality. @jorgefilipecosta shared that we need to decide if the predefined gradients created by themes should use a class or an inline style. And asked: Is there an expectation that when a theme switch happens, the gradients should change? If you have any thoughts on this subject, please share them!
- Screen height image expand has been updated and just about to cross the finish line.
Note: If you’re reading this summary outside of the meeting, please drop a comment if you can/want to help with something!
- @swissspidy is looking at support non-consecutive block multi-selection and would like a helping hand.
- @nadir is going to revisit some blocked PRs he has made so he can advance them.
- @kjellr is working on:
- @jorgefilipecosta will continue the work on gradients, continue the block style improvements (is hoping to merge theme default block styles soon), and other smaller improvements like button block styles.
- @joen is helping PR #16897 for a new social links block.
- @mapk is looking to:
- Spend time triaging and reviewing PRs.
- Create some more structured mockups for dragging and dropping blocks next to each other: #13202.
- The PR that adds resizing image to full-height, and also the gradients PR.
- @brentswisher worked on a demo of using a full-screen modal for publishing #17225. This week will work on moving some old PR’s along. If time allows will come up with something for PR “Block inserter doesn’t show that some blocks are disabled” (would like some help).
- @gziolo revisited a PR which stop showing errors and warnings when blocks get successfully updated from deprecated version (#16862). Plans to update WordPress core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. packages and fully automate the way we maintain script dependencies.
@paaljoachim would like some feedback on the last comment he made on PR #16682. Asked if anyone can take over PR #16490, @mcsf said he was hoping to grab the referred PR in the next days. And to conclude @paaljoachim said PR #14367 is almost ready for a final review.
@welcher would like some feedback on PR #17198 (header The header of your site is typically the first thing people will experience. The masthead or header art located across the top of your page is part of the look and feel of your website. It can influence a visitor’s opinion about your content and you/ your organization’s brand. It may also look different on different screen sizes. toolbar).