This post summarizes the latest weekly Editor meeting, held in the #core-editor Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel, on Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:00 UTC.
@danr, @andraganescu and @noisysocks will be starting up a new contributor triage The act of evaluating and sorting bug reports, in order to decide priority, severity, and other factors. meeting in #core-editor for APAC timezone.
First meeting is planned on Thursday 13th July at 6AM UTC and then every two weeks.
- @nerrad merged useDispatch and is picking up 15444.
- @kjell is modifying small details to the Group/Ungroup 16001, 16002. Also looking into some a11y Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) zoom issues 15984, 15973
- @getdave merged the block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Group/Ungroup PR .
- @aduth exploring columns drag resizing 15927. Also improved build time and further working on follow-up task to make them faster 15230, 15967.
- @mapk is tweaking Spacer block, reviewing widgets-block screen, and helping with Image edit flows.
- @karmatosed has been leading wonderful triage sessions in #design.
- @gziolo refactored dropdown menus aligning BlockSettingsMenu and MoreMenu and they’re accessible too. Bringing consistency to block toolbar. Possibly merge Block Registration RFC soon. And small tweaks to
- @jorgefilipecosta working on updates to widgets-block screen. Also some triage. And helping guide the Nav block PR.
- @Andrei Draganescu still working on Image edit flows and exploring how to add the block inserter to post title.
- @joen merged the Clickthrough PR.
- @soean asked about agenda for Contributor day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. at WCEU.
- @gziolo shared rough agenda for Contributors day at WCEU:
- onboard a few new contributors, collect the feedback and work on documentation improvements to make the process smoother.
- go through the list of open issues trying to identify tasks which would be an excellent fit for new contributors.
- explore how we could automate the detection of pull requests sent by new contributors to ensure they get enough support from others.
- triage issues looking for those which can be closed because they are no longer relevant, are duplicates or should be moved somewhere else.
- triage pull requests seeking for those which can be closed, need to be updated or can be merged after short review and testing session.
Note: Anyone reading this summary outside of the meeting, please drop a comment in the post summary, if you can/want to help with something.
The meeting archive is here.
The agenda for the next meeting is here, please add anything you want to discuss.
#meeting-notes, #core-editor, #editor, #gutenberg