This post summarizes the latest weekly Editor meeting, held in the #core-editor Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel, on Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 13:00 UTC.
- @nerrad will resume converting effects to controls.
- @nosolosw will start drag and drop implementation for gallery images.
- @joen is keeping an eye on the code refactoring he did to make sure no issues arise.
- @kjellr is working on nested block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. borders and a way to help make group block easier for theme developers.
- @gziolo merged several PRs and opened some new ones to align core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. blocks to the RFC for Block Registration API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways.. Need to figure out how to handle assets now. Also PRs/Issues otriage.
- @notnownikki is working on the toolbar that affects multiple selected blocks.
- @mapk posted about the UX User experience flow for widgets-to-blocks.
Some discussion around adding resizing capability to embed block for further details follow the feature issue
Note: Anyone reading this summary outside of the meeting, please drop a comment in the post summary, if you can/want to help with something.
The meeting archive is here.
The agenda for the next meeting is here, please add anything you want to discuss.
#meeting-notes, #core-editor, #editor, #gutenberg