Have a topic for discussion for the next meeting? Leave a suggested edit on next week’s agenda.
Custom ESLint Rules
- Current ESLint plugin enforces rules like “dependency group”, and “valid-sprintf” which are quite specific to Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ / WordPress.
- These rules are to be removed and recommended ESLints rules to be further discussed and enhanced.
Update to MediaElement.js
- With recent browser changes, Vimeo videos will no longer autoplay in chrome. An update to MediaElement.js fixes the various issues.
- MediaElement.js library to be updated and backported to previous WP releases, follow trac An open source project by Edgewall Software that serves as a bug tracker and project management tool for WordPress. ticket for further info.
- Current contribution guidelines for packages recommend that the person proposing a change decide the version bump based on the type of their change.
- There have been few discussions in pull requests which indicates that the version should not be proposed as part of individual changes, rather decided at the time of publishing.
- Contribution guidelines for packages changelog to be updated to recommend adding changes as “unreleased” or “master”.
- Some discussions around experimenting with the automated changelog creation for long term solution.