This post summarizes the dev chat meeting from June 20th (agenda, Slack archive).
- Leads nominated so far: @sergeybiryukov able to help as deputy (e.g., committing, backporting); @danieltj, @tristangemus, @pbiron, and @danielbachhuber open to help contribute during 4.9.7
- Potential focus for 4.9.7 so far “Try Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/” prompt and privacy fixes
- Release timing for 4.9.7 will be determined after a release lead The community member ultimately responsible for the Release. is named
- No confirmed interest in release leads from other team reps and component maintainers or from WCEU, but #design team likely in future minor releases
- Looking to increase diversity in release leads by asking for nominations or suggestions outside just devchat and summary posts, please share any ideas you have on this… thanks!
- For those with interest and availability, please review the Releasing Minor Versions handbook page and the Release leads feedback on 4.9.5 post
- Will look to make decision on 4.9.7 release leads in next week’s devchat
- @jeffpaul will be offline most of July, so we’ll need someone to help coordinate/run devchats
- So far @joemcgill, @audrasjb, and @antpb have graciously offered their time, hoping for 1-2 more people to help to help share the load
- If you’re open to collecting agenda items and publishing an agenda, running the actual devchat meeting, and/or publishing a devchat summary then please comment here or ping The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” @jeffpaul if you’re able to help out… thanks!
Updates from focus leads and component maintainers
- The Gutenberg team would like to encourage testing of the next few releases as they get closer to feature complete
The next meeting will take place on June 27, 2018 at 20:00 UTC in the #core Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel. Please feel free to drop in with any updates or questions. If you have items to discuss but cannot make the meeting, please leave a comment on this post so that we can take them into account.