A second release candidate package for 4.9.6 has been released and is now available for testing. Please help test this release candidate version to ensure everything works as expected.
This package contains 20 bug A bug is an error or unexpected result. Performance improvements, code optimization, and are considered enhancements, not defects. After feature freeze, only bugs are dealt with, with regressions (adverse changes from the previous version) being the highest priority. fixes since the first release candidate. This brings the total number of bug fixes in 4.9.6 to 60 while the number of enhancements/feature requests remains at 34.
Note: With the introduction of #44091, any existing data export requests will need to be removed by an admin (and super admin) and resubmitted.
Even more than usual, we need testers to help polish this release. This version (4.9.6) introduces the first round of tools that help WordPress site owners and admins meet the new requirements for user privacy regulations.
The official 4.9.6 release is scheduled for Thursday, May 17th.
A full list of bugs fixed in the 4.9.6 Release Candidate One of the final stages in the version release cycle, this version signals the potential to be a final release to the public. Also see alpha (beta). can be found on Trac. The tickets listed below are only those committed since RC1 was released.
- #44064 – Define $title and $parent_file in privacy.php
- #44045 – GDPR WP Pointer dismiss link can be unreachable
- #44050 – Privacy: Abandoned heading in
- #44048 – Privacy: exclude the wrapper from the default policy content
- #44075 – GDPR inline documentation improvements
- #44062 – Don’t show privacy feature pointer to new users
- #44065 – Remove is-dismissible class from notice when privacy info has changed
- #44057 – It’s not obvious what to do if menu bubble for policy update appears
- #44076 – Add
- #44026 – Export and Erase Personal Data tables misaligned under 782px
- #44054 – Escape the comment link output in the wp_comments_personal_data_exporter() function.
- #44093 – Proposed Adjustment to Privacy Settings buttons
- #44092 – Export/Erase tools: CSS Cascading Style Sheets. issues with
next_steps buttons with some locales
- #44091 – Rename exports folder to avoid deleting other files
A full list of all changes in 4.9.6 can also be found on Trac.
#4-9-6 #maintenance #release