As mentioned in the last dev chat, WordPress 4.9.5 maintenance release is scheduled for April 3rd.
The beta package for 4.9.5 is now ready for testing. Please help us by testing this beta to ensure 4.9.5 fixes the reported issues and doesn’t introduce any new ones.
This beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. release contains 23 fixes and improvements. Release candidate One of the final stages in the version release cycle, this version signals the potential to be a final release to the public. Also see alpha (beta). sheduled for March 20th.
4.9.5 improvements & fixes
See the full list of closed tickets in Trac An open source project by Edgewall Software that serves as a bug tracker and project management tool for WordPress..
- #43190 – Update prefixed CSS Cascading Style Sheets. properties in about.css
- #43317 – Twenty Seventeen: Underline links in comments
- #39045 – W3C The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an international community where Member organizations, a full-time staff, and the public work together to develop Web standards.https://www.w3.org/. Validator warning: Attribute aria-required is unnecessary for elements that have attribute required.
- #36884 – Customizer Tool built into WordPress core that hooks into most modern themes. You can use it to preview and modify many of your site’s appearance settings. child menus incorrectly resize the site to an incorrect minimum-width
- #43307 – Error wp-admin (and super admin) > Includes > theme.php
- #43333 – Unable to add menu item
Filesystem API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways.
- #43417 – Infinite loop The Loop is PHP code used by WordPress to display posts. Using The Loop, WordPress processes each post to be displayed on the current page, and formats it according to how it matches specified criteria within The Loop tags. Any HTML or PHP code in the Loop will be processed on each post. https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop. in wp_mkdir_p with open_basedir restrictions
- #43312 – PHP The web scripting language in which WordPress is primarily architected. WordPress requires PHP 5.6.20 or higher 7.2 warning in wp_kses_attr()
- #38332 – "Cheating" message insults; needs changing
- #42789 – Bump recommended PHP version from 7.0 -> 7.2
- #42724 – Options Media page hides breaks on desktop
- #42968 – Media: Grid View: new upload, file is in the wrong position in the grid until after upload is complete
- #43123 – Default captions should NOT use max-width
- #43201 – PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /wp-includes/media.php on line 1206
- #43226 – Crop setting in thumbnails never set when uploading PDF files
- #43555 – Keep Hello Dolly from displaying sexist text in the admin
Networks and Sites
- #43568 – E_WARNING: sprintf(): Too few arguments. [ wp-activate.php wp-activate.php (113) ]
Rest API The REST API is an acronym for the RESTful Application Program Interface (API) that uses HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST and DELETE data. It is how the front end of an application (think “phone app” or “website”) can communicate with the data store (think “database” or “file system”) https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/.
- #42948 – Backbone client sending empty string in X-WP-Nonce header The header of your site is typically the first thing people will experience. The masthead or header art located across the top of your page is part of the look and feel of your website. It can influence a visitor’s opinion about your content and you/ your organization’s brand. It may also look different on different screen sizes. by default in some cases
- #43285 – The default admin referrer policy header value block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. the access to media on other server in admin panel
- #42713 – Users list does not display name if Last Name empty